Engineered Straighter, Stronger, Lighter
Lumber Tech Columns, Inc. is dedicated to making sure your building is structurally sound with their new laminated columns. Each Lumber Tech Column is an engineered product made with new state of the art technology. Whether you are replacing old or using in new construction, it is the strongest and most durable replacement for a solid sawn post. Each column is manufactured straight and planed on one edge to ensure a consistently flat surface for finishing the interior of the building.
The column is composed of #1 SYP on the upper end, and a minimum of 6' of #1 SYP .60 KDAT, therefore making each base virtually treated all the way through. Adhesive is used between each ply to eliminate interior slippage. Along with ringshank hot dipped galvanized nails placed strategically, this system results in a more rigid column. The butt joint is finger-jointed to ensure stability of the column. This will allow the columns to bear heavier, vertical loads.
- The upper 24" of every column includes no fasteners or adhesives. The center ply has a 2' section in a saddle that has one screw to stop any warpage at the top of the column. This allows workers on the job-site a quicker and easier way for marking grade and setting trusses.
- Each ply is treated before lamination. Therefore, each column is virtually treated all the way through, unlike solid sawn poles.
- Columns are planed on one edge to provide a clean, flat interior surface, for that finished look.
- Join the Team: Lumber Tech Columns, Inc. and Perma-Columns. Together they make an unbeatable product. New construction or an existing building that has post decay - this combo is the only way to go!!! Perma-Columns are the first product to combine the economy and speed of post-frame construction with the durability of a concrete foundation. They keep your poles out of the ground ensuring that your building's foundation will never rot. It is a permanent solution!
- 2 x 6 OR 2 x 8
- Multiple Plys 2-3-4-5
- Treated or Bright
- Available up to 38'
- Finger Jointed OR Gusset Plated Joints
- Special Orders Available
- Fastened to Perma-Columns
- Horse Barns
- Machine Sheds
- Dairy Barns
- Commercial Buildings